- 68 Cent Crew - theater company presenting original productions.
- Actors Art Theatre - intimate studio theatre.
Theater- The Center Theatre Group's largest theater in the Los
Angeles Music Center.
- Amadeus Company - group of actors, directors, writers and designers looking for new ways to create an independent theater movement.
- Arc Theatre
Company - Located at 1647 La Cienega Blvd. just south of Pico.
- Attic Theatre Centre - committed to ensemble development, lifelong training of professionals, and the representation of Los Angeles' diverse community through theatrical expression.
- Bilingual Foundation of the Arts - serving communities by presenting classic Spanish-language drama and contemporary plays on Hispanic themes to English and Spanish speaking audiences, thereby bringing awareness of the diversity of the Hispanic culture.
- Buffalo Nights Theatre Company - not-for-profit professional theatre company.
- Burglars of Hamm - dedicated to the creation of unique and original ensemble productions.
- Center Theatre Group - producing theatre year-round in both the Mark Taper Forum and the Ahmanson Theatre at the Music Center of Los Angeles County.
- Circle X Theatre Company - dedicated to performing dynamic new works in an engaging artistic style.
- Company of Angels - providing a self-sustaining theatre which offers its members the opportunity to explore and develop their creative talents for the benefit of the entire community.
- Company Rep - professional, membership-based theater company located in the El Portal Theatre.
- Cornerstone Theater Company - ensemble driven by a need to make direct connections with audiences and build bridges between and within diverse communities.
- David Henry Hwang Theater -
is an intimate, 220-seat venue in a former church, known today as the
Union Center for the Arts.
- Downtown Playhouse - nonprofit theatrical organization that produces live theater and jazz and holds ongoing acting workshops.
- East West Players - Asian Pacific American theatre company.
LA Theater Festival - L.A.'s premier festival for new works. The
2005 festival will be held on October 6-23.
- Ensemble Studio Theatre - The LA Project - member company dedicated to bringing new works to the stage.
- Fountain Theatre - dedicated to providing a nurturing, creative home for multi-ethnic theatre and dance artists.
- Geffen Playhouse - offering a menu of classic and new plays in an historic venue.
- Greenway Arts Alliance - professional theatre company housed at Greenway Court Theatre on the campus of Fairfax High School in Los Angeles.
- Human Zoo Theatre - theatre for the species utilizing the combined talents of local artists.
- Los Angeles Repertory Company (LA Rep) - dedicated to the creation of an ensemble that explores the literature of the theatre.
- Los Angeles Theatre Directory and Restaurant Guide - includes information on venues, plays, and area restaurants.
- Lucid by Proxy - loose confederation of actors, directors, writers, and technicians who produce plays, readings, films, and other creative work in the Los Angeles area.
Taper Forum - The smaller repertory theater at the LA music center.
Part of the Center
- MET Theatre -
nonprofit theater company performing new work and original plays.
- Moving Arts - publicly supported nonprofit company dedicated to producing new work by emerging theatre talent.
- Odyssey Theatre Ensemble - innovation-oriented theatre and presenter of international works.
- Orphans Theater Company - company of young artists performing original and challenging pieces.
- Orpheum Theatre
- information about the historic theater built in 1926.
- Rachel Rosenthal Company - interdisciplinary performance collective led by performance artist Rachel Rosenthal.
- Reprise! Broadway's Best in Concert - presents classic American musicals in a semi-staged productions.
- Sacred Fools
Theater - is run solely by an ensemble of 36 artists and has an ongoing commitment to the development of new plays and projects which challenge traditional expectations of the theatrical experience.
- Shakespeare Festival/LA - presenting professional Shakespeare outdoors, under the stars, every summer.
- Son of Semele Ensemble - ensemble of players dedicated to bringing new and under-exposed works to public focus.
- Southern California Jewish Repertory Theatre - presenting plays that explore the cultural and spiritual aspects of Jewish life.
- Spolin Center, The - dedicated to promoting the work of Viola
Spolin, educator and mother of modern American improvisation.
- Strange Company - Los Angeles theatre that focuses on the strange and unusual.
- Subterranean Theatre Company - original, contemporary and classic comedy and drama.
- Towne Street
Theater - L.A.'s premiere African-American theater company.
- Troubadour Theater Company - company of performers, musicians, and writers dedicated to the
revitalization and deconstruction of theatre.
- Ullanta Performance Robotics - theater troupe in which all actors are autonomous robots. Presenting traditional plays, performance art, and sales exhibits.
- Unusual Suspects Theatre Company - exists to help at-risk youth create original theatre and to foster pride, self confidence, and racial tolerance.
- Will & Company - resident ensemble at the Los Angeles Theatre Center. Information on mainstage productions and touring programs, including interactive theater for K-12 students.
- Zoo District - driven by the collaborative spirit to unite artists from various disciplines to create daring and original work.